From: SWARS::BOARDMAN "Barbara Boardman, MS 5370, 3-8965" 8-JUN-1990 13:28:37.95
To: SQUIRE
Cc: BOARDMAN

Jon,

I need samples of code for assigning interrupts to tasks.

     -- VMEbus Error.
     task VME_Error_Task is
         pragma Priority(Default_Task_Priority);
         entry VME_Error_Interrupt;
         for VME_Error_Interrupt use at System.GISA27;
     end VME_Error_Task;

I need to know bit order 0..31 top to bottom or bottom to top.

	The MIPS is big-endian.
	However, InterACT rep spec its bits backwards.
	The MSB is bit 0 and the LSB is bit 31.
	The MSB is byte 3 and the LSB is byte 0.

I need to know target bit fields for floating point sign, exp, mantissa.

	The MIPS floating point format is IEEE-STD-754

	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	|S|biased exponent|mantissa shifted left 1 bit                  |
	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 
	   3                   2                   1 
	bit 31 sign bit
	8 bit biased exponent 
	23 mantissa normalized by shifting left 1 bit
        Sign 11 exp 52 mantissa

	The MIPS double floating point format is IEEE-STD-754
	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	|S| biased exponent     | mantissa shifted left 1 bit           |
	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3  
	         6                   5                   4 
	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	|                                                               |
	+---------------------------------------------------------------+
	 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0 
	   3                   2                   1 
	bit 31 sign bit
        11 bit biased exponent
        52 bit mantissa normalized by shifting left 1 bit

Barb